Over the years, society has witnessed the rise and fall of the paper card. We’ve all received direct mail advertisements that were easily ripped apart before they were even fully opened. Maybe you were given someone’s paper business card which was just as easily discarded or destroyed from bending and tearing inside your wallet, pocket, or purse.
Fast forward to recent times and you will likely recollect trying to rip apart the same type of direct mail advertisements, only to find a plastic card inside providing imposing resistance to your efforts. This has happened to me many times recently and for good reason. The company sending those direct mail pieces wants their target to, at least, view their offerings—and guess what—IT WORKS! I often find myself looking at their nearly indestructible piece of branding sent to me via the mail service and then battle with either seeking more information or just tossing the card piece. I have even found myself piecing together the paper part of the offer strictly to find out more about the company sending me their information.
Dating back many years, the paper business card was a preferred and extremely popular option. It was a relatively cost effective method used to have clients or associates receive your contact information in the business world. All the while, credit cards and gift cards were laying down the framework for a plastic card industry about to boom.
Fast forward to today and you will have likely received a custom plastic business card. If you haven’t yet, it’s highly likely that, at some point, you will. The reaction of many first-time plastic business card receivers is predictable; they are impressed with the flexibility, durability, and unique custom message. I have personally had many clients bend, twist, scratch, and then ask about how my business cards were made. Having plastic business cards to hand out to my customers has been the foundation of many conversations in which their curiosity about the cards opened a forum for us to get to know one another.
Top 5 Reasons you should be using Plastic Cards for your business:
- Plastic cards are durable. Extremely resistant to creasing, scratching and moisture.
- Plastic cards are highly customizable. Many print, color and shape options allow for a card piece that will enhance your businesses branding message with clients.
- Plastic cards convey a professional and elite message to your clients. With all of the credit cards and other plastic cards in the market, recipients tend to associate inherent value to all plastic cards products. The result is that the cards are kept instead of trashed.
- Plastic cards are far more likely to start a conversation with a potential client verses the “standard” paper business card. Offering a method to INSTANTLY make your first impression last.
- Plastic cards are cost effective. While they are more expensive than paper card options, plastic cards offer years of use. Your message will be there, fresh and looking good for years.
Whether you are seeking a fresh way to brand your business in a portable way, or seeking to use your existing branding to expand recognition; plastic card options will provide your marketing efforts with a proven model of getting your message out to your consumers.
CARDSource’s Cards in a Flash is eager to use its industry experience and design talents to assist your business in exceeding its marketing expectations whether the effort pertains to direct mailing, gift cards or business cards.
email@example.com | 763.316.6397